Academics Done Right
Our academic program, Stillwater Academy was developed with three goals in mind:
- Prepare each student to meet the requirements of high school graduation and higher education
- Awaken in each student a love of learning
- Provide a successful educational experience that supports the emotional, mental and social growth and developemt of each student.
Fully accredited by the Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC) all classes are taught by licensed educators. Our small classes and unique credit recovery system are designed to help students get back on track academically. Class sizes are very small so that each student can learn on his or her own level and speed. This individual attention has proved especially helpful for students struggling with learning disorders. Accreditation is a great benefit for students looking to transfer credits earned back to their home school or onto higher education after their graduation from the program. Stillwater Academy has been recognized byt eh National Association of Special education Teachers as a School of Excellence, the highest award given by the organization.
A complete assessment is conducted with each student upon arrival and our Academic Director, who is certified in Special Education, tailors an academic program to each student's needs and abilities. Individual Education Plans, (IEP) are developed for students when appropriate and we can accommodate students who come to the program with an existing IEP. Stillwater combines the structure of our therapeutic program with specialized help and individual attention. This combination has helped students achieve a 1.5 grade point increase in their cumulative GPA on average during their stay in the program.
Education Tailored to Your Teen's Needs
We don't let any students fall through the cracks. Class sizes are very small so that each student can learn on his or her own level and speed. This individual attention has proved especially helpful for students struggling with learning disorders.
- English 8-12, Literature
- Mathematics: Pre-Algebra, Algebra, Algebra II, Geometry, Calculus
- Science: Chemistry, Biology, Earth Science, Physics
- Social Studies: American History, World History, Geography
- Foreign Language: Spanish, French
- Art, Graphic Design
- Computer Technology
- Physical Education, Rock Climbing
Turnabout Stillwater Academy: Stillwater Academy